Electrical Engineer – Atlanta
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in our Atlanta office . In the Electrical Engineer role, you will have the opportunity to support Project Engineers by performing the routine aspects of engineering assignments, as well as potentially serve as technical primary point of contact for selected projects. This opportunity will allow you to obtain knowledge and develops basic technical skills and learn to apply these technical skills to projects in accordance with established standards.
Future advancement opportunities exist beyond the position of Electrical Engineer with potential growth in Project Management, Leadership and Ownership. In addition, McVeigh & Mangum offers an array of benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Schedule, Floating Holiday, Quarterly Bonus, Tuition Reimbursement, First Time Homebuyer program, Overtime Pay, and many more.
• Perform routine design tasks and gain experience and familiarization with the engineering methods, practices and programs of the firm
• Prepare drawings and visual aids
• Maintain and foster relationships with selected established clients
• Experience with a focus on:
o Client Satisfaction
o Time management
o Communication skills with non-technical staff
o Designing architectural projects
• Producing electrical drawings for architectural projects
• 3-5 years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in the design of power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems for multi-family residential, healthcare, commercial, light industrial and institutional
• Experience with Revit
• E.I.T. certification or Registered P.E.
• Experience working with SKM and Visual software to produce electrical designs
• Experience with power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems
• Successfully passed the FE exam