electrical department manager – atlanta
New opportunities are being created in our Atlanta office as a result of our continued success, growth and internal promotions. We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Department Manager in our Atlanta office . In the Electrical Department Manager role, you will have the opportunity to establish, promote and ensure quality on all electrical projects and work performed by the office’s electrical staff. Specifically, you will assign department personnel to project teams and assist in or lead the development of fee proposals. In addition, you will determine labor, resource, and financial needs of the electrical department and assist the office’s Managing Director with budgeting for the electrical department and oversee expenditures of your department.
In the position of Electrical Department Manager , you will not only lead your department but also serve as Project Manager and Client Manager of selected projects and clients. Future opportunities exist with potential advancement into more senior level office and corporate positions. In addition, McVeigh & Mangum offers an array of benefits to include ownership opportunities, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Schedule, Floating Holiday, Bonus Program, Tuition Reimbursement, First Time Homebuyer Program, Work from Home Policy, and many more.
• Lead the electrical department in the production of quality designs while achieving profit goals
• Lead multi-discipline engineering teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
• Provide oversight of electrical engineering projects
• Maintain and foster relationships with selected established clients
• Design and leadership experience with a focus on design of architectural projects, proven client satisfaction, and effective communication skills.
• Experience leading project design teams
• Experience with leading PM efforts for coordinating deliverables and client meetings.
• 15+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Registered P.E.
• Experience in the design of power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems for healthcare, commercial, multi-family residential, senior living, light industrial and institutional projects
• Extensive production experience with Revit
• NCEES License
• LEED AP accreditation
• Understanding knowledge of applicable codes and guidelines for healthcare projects