electrical department manager – jacksonville
New opportunities are being created in our Jacksonville office as a result of our continued success, growth and internal promotions, along with our recent merger with IMEG Corporation. McVeigh & Mangum Engineering is now a wholly owned subsidiary of IMEG. With over 60 offices throughout the nation, we are currently included in ENR’s list the nation’s Top 100 Design Firms. We provide engineering expertise to the architectural and construction community in the fields of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering design.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Department Manager in our Jacksonville office . In the Electrical Department Manager role, you will have the opportunity to establish, promote and ensure quality on all electrical projects and work performed by the office’s electrical staff. Specifically, you will assign department personnel to project teams and assist in or lead the development of fee proposals. In addition, you will determine labor, resource, and financial needs of the electrical department and assist the office’s Managing Director with budgeting for the electrical department and oversee expenditures of your department.
In the position of Electrical Department Manager , you will not only lead your department but also serve as Project Manager and Client Manager of selected projects and clients. Future opportunities exist with potential advancement into more senior level office and corporate positions. In addition, IMEG offers an array of benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k and ESOP Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and many more.
• Lead the electrical department in the production of quality designs while achieving profit goals
• Lead multi-discipline engineering teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
• Provide oversight of electrical engineering projects
• Maintain and foster relationships with selected established clients
• Design and leadership experience with a focus on design of architectural projects, proven client satisfaction, and effective communication skills.
• Experience leading project design teams
• Experience with leading PM efforts for coordinating deliverables and client meetings.
• 15+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Registered P.E.
• Experience in the design of power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems for healthcare, commercial, multi-family residential, senior living, light industrial and institutional projects
• Extensive production experience with Revit
• NCEES License
• LEED AP accreditation
• Understanding knowledge of applicable co