senior mechanical engineer – charlotte
New opportunities are being created in our Charlotte office as a result of our continued success, growth and internal promotions. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Charlotte office . In the Senior Mechanical Engineer role, you will have the opportunity to serve as the discipline lead and lead a support team for assigned projects.
Future advancement opportunities exist beyond the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer with potential growth in Project Management, Leadership, and Ownership. In addition, McVeigh & Mangum offers an array of benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Schedule, Floating Holiday, Bonus Program, Tuition Reimbursement, First Time Homebuyer Program, Work from Home Policy, and many more.
• Provide specification and design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for architectural projects within defined budgets
• Lead design teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
• Maintain and foster relationships with selected established clients
• Experience with a focus on the design of architectural projects, quality, leading and managing technical staff, prove client satisfaction, and effective communication skills.
• Designing and managing architectural projects
• 10+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• Registered P.E.
• Experience in the design of HVAC, Plumbing, hydronic piping systems, central plants, building automation, medical gas, and fire protection systems for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction
• Project Management Experience
• Experience with Revit
• Energy Modeling experience
• Engineer of Record experience for multi-family projects
• LEED AP accreditation
• Commissioning Certification