structural department manager – atlanta
We currently have an opportunity for a Structural Department Manager in our Atlanta office . In the Structural Department Manager role, you will have the opportunity to establish, promote and ensure quality on all structural projects and work performed by the office’s structural staff. Specifically, you will assign department personnel to project teams and assist in or lead the development of fee proposals. In addition, you will determine labor, resource, and financial needs of the structural department and assist the office’s Managing Director with budgeting for the structural department and oversee expenditures of your department.
In the position of Structural Department Manager , you will not only lead your department but also serve as Project Manager and Client Manager of selected projects and clients. Future opportunities exist with potential advancement into more senior level office and corporate positions. In addition, IMEG offers an array of benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k and ESOP Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and many more.
• Lead the structural department in the production of quality designs while achieving profit goals
• Lead multi-discipline engineering teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
• Provide oversight of structural engineering projects
• Maintain and foster relationships with selected established clients
• Design and leadership experience with a focus on design of architectural projects, proven client satisfaction, and effective communication skills.
• Experience leading project design teams
• Experience with leading PM efforts for coordinating deliverables and client meetings.
• 10+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural focus)
• Registered P.E. or S.E.
• Experience in the design structural systems for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction
• Experienced in the design of composite steel, concrete, tilt-up, masonry, and wood buildings
• Extensive production experience with Revit
• NCEES License